ABOUT THE SCHOOL
YES. The licenses for all education program have been issued by Education Office since it stated in 2006 until now. All program is registered and we have School National ID - NPSN (Nomor Pokok Sekolah Nasional).
All student is registered in Ministry of Education database, so he/she has Student National ID - NISN (National Induk Siswa Nasional) that will be required when taking National standardized exams.
In 2014, Sekolah Pelita Bangsa changed the status become a SPK (Collaborative Education Unit) for our Primary, Secondary and Junior College schools. The SPK licenses are issued directly from the Ministry of Education - Republic of Indonesia. We proudly inform you that we are the first and the only SPK school in Cirebon city (as the time of this publication issued).
SPK stands for Satuan Pendidikan Kerjasama (Collaborative Education Unit)
In 2014, the decree of Ministry of Education No. 31/2014 requires all international/National Plus schools must choose to change their status to either become SPK or National school. With a SPK status, the school is allowed to adopt international curriculum in the learning process. Only 3 subjects in national curriculum (Bahasa, Religion and Pancasila Civic) need to be taught to our Indonesian students. We collaborate with Cambridge International Assessment as our trusted education partner.
Other schools, that did not wish to change their status to SPK, should incorporate all National curriculum.
The list of 501 SPK schools in Indonesia was published in the newspaper, Jakarta Post and Kompas on September 17th, 2019 to bring public awareness of a big number of schools that using foreign curriculum but not registered as a SPK school.
SPK Sekolah Pelita Bangsa is the first and the only SPK school in Cirebon since 2014 and became a member of PSSI (Perkumpulan Sekolah SPK di Indonesia) - an organization of SPK schools in Indonesia.
Our Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary and Junior college programs are accredited A (Excellent) from Badan Akreditasi Nasional Sekolah/Madrasah (BAN S/M) which means our education process met 8 rigorous accreditation standards in a very satisfactory result.
We are proud to be a diversed school community in terms of ethnicity, race, religion and even nationalities. As mandate by government, we teaches 5 religion subjects (Islam, Catholic, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism). Growing in a high tolerance environment and learning to live together in harmony, definitely will bring a positive sense in this generation to reflects the Indonesian spirit of “Bhineka Tunggal Ika” (Unity in Diversity).
YES it is. The school becomes the first Cambridge International School in Cirebon with ID-171 since 2011. The consistency in using Cambridge curriculum have prepared students to reach remarkable achievements in their education career and cope with challenges may rise in the future. Some of our alumni had been accepted in many outstanding colleges and universities worldwide on scholarship basis.
The curriculum has been widely implemented by more than 10,000 schools in 160 countries worldwide. The qualification is highly recognized by leading universities and in the marketplace. Moreover, the Cambridge curriculum provide flexibility to be combined with the national curriculum as regulated by the government.
English is the main language used in the learning process. Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin are taught and used in the relevant subjects.
Students with Indonesian citizen are obliged to take the National Examinations in grades 6, 9 and 12 as regulated by Indonesian government. They will receive a national diploma.
Foreign students are not required to take the National Examination.
- All Cambridge examination is conducted in our campus.
- Cambridge progression tests are conducted in grade 3, 4 and 5.
- Cambridge Primary Checkpoint is conducted in grade 6.
- Cambridge Secondary Checkpoint is conducted in grade 8.
- IGCSE (The International General Certificate of Cambridge Secondary Education) is conducted in grade 10.
- Cambridge A (Advance) Level is conducted in grade 12.
- Education office in Cirebon and the Ministry of Education - Republic of Indonesia.
- RELO (Regional English Language Officer) US Embassy – to develop English teaching program in Cirebon and surrounding cities.
- Concordia University, Portland Oregon, USA for Magister education internship program since 2013.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education.
- SASMO (Singapore and Asian Schools Math Olympiad) – as a regional partner for Math Olympiad.
- Hanban – the official online testing center for HSK (Hanyu Shuipping Kaoshi) since 2018
- Bank Indonesia – with BI Corner program in 2019.
- Partnership with 4 reputable universities in India since 2020.
Our teachers should possess a bachelor's degree and experience in their related field. The in-house training is conducted along with other training programs from Cambridge Assessment International Education and other institutions in our professional development program. Teachers are mixed of Indonesia and expatriates.
- Students learn coding and digital citizenship since grade 1
- Each student has a Pelita Bangsa email account.
- Each student has a digital library account for learning resource, research and developing interest in reading.
- Each student and parent have learning management account to monitor any information, administration and academic aspects.
- Each secondary and junior college student get an internet account to use at school and to access digital electronic books.
- School use the latest of learning technology such as smart boards, interactive visualize, projectors and other online learning platforms.
Our extracurriculars are crafted to be age-appropriated activities to their grade level. It aims to develops students skills based on their interest and needs. The activity is taught by specialists who has experience in the related fields.
It offers to kindergarten up to Junior college students, such as dance, design, music, language, sports, martial arts and other personal development activities. The choices are Robotic, Mandarin, Dancerobic, Coding, Wushu, Ballet, Swimming, Futsal, Magic, Crafts, Violin, Fashion design, Choir, Basketball and more.
The club is a forum initiated by secondary and junior college students who have the same interest in an activity. It forms through a process from a proposal up to appointing teacher as facilitator. Students will prepare for the material, while the teacher will supervise the program. It gives a freedom for the students to develop their skills in planning, organizing and implementing the program.
Some of the existing clubs are Choir, Basketball, Korean Language Club, Business Club, Chess Club, Theater Club, Empowerment Club, Cyberwiz club, Russian teaching club and many more.
Secondary and Junior college students are divided into 3 homestead groups, which are named after Ciremai, Wayang Golek and Monas. This platform is designed to hone leadership leadership’s skills, the ability to collaborate, to communicate and to be creative. Students will plan and organize their own homestead while the teachers help them facilitating the group.
- Early Childhood students will receive a school report card.
- Kindergarten students will receive School and National report cards.
- Primary students will receive School report cards, National Report Cards and National Certificates, and the Cambridge Primary Check Point Certificate.
- Secondary students will receive School report card, National Report Card and National Certificate, and Cambridge Secondary Check Point Certificate (at Grade 8) and Cambridge IGCSE Certificate (at Grade 10).
- Junior College students will receive School report cards, School Graduation Diploma, National Report Card, National Certificate, Cambridge IGCSE Certificate (at Grade 10) and Cambridge A Level Certificate (at Grade 12).
Our graduates can continue their study in public or private schools in Indonesia and abroad. Junior college students can continue to public or private universities in Indonesia and abroad. Our Alumni spread in top universities worldwide with scholarships.
Alumni are divided into 2 categories: IGCSE Alumni (Grade 10) and SPB Alumni (Grade 12).
Class of 2018 is the first alumni batch. The IGCSE Alumni were successfully admitted to: King’s College in UK and Li Po Chun UWC of Hong Kong.
SPB Alumni spread out in many reputable Indonesian and overseas universities, such as Yale NUS Singapore (full scholarship), APU Ritsumeikan Japan (full scholarship), University of Cincinnati - Ohio USA (scholarship), University of Michigan - USA (scholarship), Seton Hall University - New Jersey USA, Pensacola Christian College - Florida USA, Universite de Bordeaux France (scholarship), Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane Australia (scholarship), SAE Institute, President University, Universitas Pelita Harapan (scholarship).
REGISTRATION AND SCHOLARSHIP
Registration is by filling out the Enrollment form, submitting documents required and settling the invoice.
It is very important that Enrollment form must be completely filled out. School officer will register the data to the Online-based National Education system. Incompleteness of data and documents can inhibit the process in registering your child. Thus, he/she won’t be registered in national system and won’t be able to join the National standardized exams as the consequences.
The online registration is under development. We can send the enrollment form by email at this time.
School foundation offers academic and non-academic (Art and Sports) scholarships for Secondary and Junior college applicants. Scholarship application form should be completed along with supporting documents.
Non-academic scholarships are open to students with minimum achievement in regional (provincial) level.
The placement test will be conducted for transfer students if deemed necessary.
The purpose is to indicate his/her capabilities, so the school may place him/her in the right grade. With this, it will help students achieve their best potential in class.
1. Since October 2011, Sekolah Pelita Bangsa was appointed as Cambridge International School with ID number 171. We become the first Cambridge school in Cirebon. It means that the school met the high educational qualifications benchmark set by Cambridge Assessment International Education;
2. Each level has been ACCREDITED A from the Badan Akreditasi Nasional Sekolah / Madrasah (BAN-S/M), from Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary and Junior College levels;
3. We won the first place in the "National" competition and received “The Best Junior High School Award” in 2013 EF English First Indonesia competition;
4. Our Secondary students received the 2nd Highest average scores in Cirebon at the National Standardized Examination academic year 2016-2017 and 2018-2019;
5. Our Junior college students received the 4th Highest average score in Cirebon at the National Standardized Examination (Major Science) academic year 2018-2019;
6. We receive an outstanding regional partner Award in recognition of our contribution and commitment as an authorized testing center of International Math Olympiad SASMO, SIMOC, AMO;
7. We are the only one authorized testing center for online HSK (Hanyu Shuipping Kaoshi) exam in Cirebon. It is an international standardized test for Mandarin as it is required to enter the university or to go work in China;
8. In February 2020, the school signed MoU with 4 reputable universities in India;